Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Other opinions on outlandishness…

’ave it!Outré, odd, outrageous...But, odds on to come out smelling of roses...OK, okay!... Gavin, Baldino (about the 3rd or 4th post down) and others have posted on this and hopefully I'm just beating the cut off before boredom sets in...but it’s not going away just yet: 0ver 80% 0f votes on this BBC page are either "ZZ is a hero" or it was Materazzi’s fault...[vote here youself] i.e. less than 1 in 5 blame Zizou...I do though; this despite the fact that I absolutely do not believe Luis Medina Cantalejo (the 4th oficial) when he claims "did not rely on video evidence after France's Zidane headbutted Italy's Marco Materazzi." Cantalejo told Spanish radio: "I saw it happen live, I didn't invent anything.


...also, I still blame him despite this from the Herald Sun (Aus), which I haven't seen in the UK press (yet)...Ows edit 21:00 (Chile time) ZZ talks Materazzi responds; who do you believe?...the quote from the Sun Herald: "ITALY defender Marco Materazzi acknowledged that he "insulted" French player Zinedine Zidane because he was "super arrogant" in the World Cup final, La Gazzetta dello Sport reported tonight.

"I held his shirt .. for only a few seconds, he turned toward me and scoffed at me, looking at me with super arrogance, up and down: 'if you really want my shirt, you can have it later.' (Zidane said) It's true, I shot back with an insult," the paper quoted Materazzi as saying. (Picture link)

but...ZZ is still a hero, especially amongst the immigrants in France

And as Abdelilah tells us “he can find his consolation in being elected as the best player in 2006 World Cup Tournament. In a way, he got credit. The incident of the headbutt- causes and consequences- should remain a bygone incident. Either way, he'll still benefit very nicely thank you.


S.O.

12 comments:

Lucy said...

Well if it is true that ZZs mother had just been taken into hospital then I guess he was feeling guilty about playing, maybe feeling he should be with her. His reaction to not getting a goal from his header a short while before to me indicted that he was on the edge, not just frusrated.
It seems Materazzi comment was just the last straw, it probably was something that at another time would have washed over ZZ.

Span Ows said...

That's what I think Lucy but it just seems so odd, 10 minutes to penalties, knowing he is one of the key penalty takers and knowing another (Henry had gone off...what was he thinking...there is a lot here that just doesn't add up yet.

Anyway, you should be crowing and claiming your prize from Paul/Baldino...didn't he tell you there was a free holiday fro the one who guessed right?...no? :-)

Span...reporting naked from from Chile...where it's been raining heavily for 24 hours!

Anonymous said...

Span, do you always walk about with no clothes on ? !

Span Ows said...

jejeje...not always curmy but it is a very nice sensation, feeling the air over the skin etc....I'm not a nudist/naturist but when I'm 'in private' I like to go 'au natural'.

It's actually torrential rain here at the moment so the nakedness is nothing to do with the heat!

I wrote here (to Mags I think) re the wonderful feeling of showering under the torrent of fresh cool water from a windmill/water pump in the hot dry ranches where I used to work - this carried on in the UK when I used to shower under the garden hose (spray nozzle attachment) at night in the back garden...imagine how cold that water was but a good soaping and a good rinse make sleep a lot easier when the heat is unbearable...I think (THINK!) I was out of view of any neighbours but you never know, I suppose some day I could end up on one of these video shows.

Anonymous said...

Its bloody hot and dry here, Span .(Suffolk)
I bet your ex neighbours are still talking about your night time antics (laugh)

Gavin Corder said...

Oh no! Not just naked, but wet now too!

Thank god we have a hosepipe ban in Berkshire! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PUMPING NOZZLE!

Lalalalala! [fingers in ears]

Linda Mason said...

Span, we are so alike. Would you like a hand with the soap bar? I know a really good trick.......

Span Ows said...

Well if you won't listen Gavin I'll have to post pictures...:-)

Mags...please tell, although I do remember a childhood 'trauma', so long ago it was when I was in the bath with my brother and sister (last year?...NO! Between 35 and 40 years ago) when I was constipated and my mum pushed a wee bit of soap up my bum...soon cured the problem!

Sarnia, will we ever know - there is much more here...I still feel the '98 (FR vs Brazil) final was a fix...perhaps this is part of the pay-off to FIFA.

Anonymous said...

Really Span? Can you elaborate?

Nothing FIFA does would surprise me - there was an excellent Panorama recently [just before the WC started] about "corruption" and FIFA.

Span Ows said...

It was something Mrs. Ows pointed out actually, it had to do with Ronaldo being 'ill', the other team memebers being clearly unsettled, and someone who had been on the Brazil bench for every game but who wasn't there in the final...

...suspense mounts...

something to do with their witch-doctor...oooer!

Anonymous said...

I remember the Ronaldo-being-ill bit now.

But how does that link in with last week's final?

Come on! I just lurve Football conspiracies!

Paul said...

Re Big Ronnie in 1998.

The Brazilian government ordered an inquiry into the events surrounding the Final. Only three people know the truth and they are banned by a court order from disclosing it.