Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oomph of Oz...

A NEW Bundaberg Rum (the preferred non-beer alcoholic tipple down under) advert takes the piss out of "England's weather, its sporting prowess, and exposes an apparent British desire to be Australian - because they can't get Bundy there... ...a host of British characters including a lookalike royal family, has cast members singing "we wish England was Australia" before they jump on a plane and head down under."

Funny barstards! ;-) Unfortunately I daren't threaten that "we'll show 'em" in the coming Rugby world Cup as it appears to be so unlikely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lest we should forget – We remain the champions of the world;

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
Or close the wall up with our English dead!
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger:
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.

Live that moment with this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjs3_4tpQo

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home,
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Kenji

Span Ows said...

hahaha...funnily enough the best beer in Venezuela is called Polar and also has a polar bear. Never mind Kenji, you've cheered me up no end! Not sure re the cricket but some great filming in that video (with great music!)...but after watching that JW drop goal I feel all fired up again!

Old will had a way with words didn't he :-)

P.S. I've always hated 'Swing Low' as a stirring anthem...it's alright in the club after a game with a few beers inside you but England needs something a bit more likely to stiffen teh sinews and summon the blood!

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Bring it on!