Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Opposing oversizing of offspring...

breast implantsIt seems Chavez, the much maligned (and why not!) President of Venezuela has said something I am totally in agreement with; he was complaining of the current trend for plastic surgery (now rife throughout Europe and the Americas) being spread to 'minors' in Venezuela; here, as in other Latinamerican countries, the quinceaƱera has a big birthday celebration, a bit like the 18th or even 21st birthday we tend to celebrate elsewhere; now the 'in' gift is a boob job!

"I am calling on your conscience, fathers of this country, mothers of this country, they are our sons, they are our daughters,"

...Chavez said. Well done Hugo; of course he did manage to get in the now customary anti-West, anti-consumerism and anti-USA jibe:

"Chavez complained about the new fad of giving the plastic surgery operation at 15 -when Latin Americans celebrate a girl's coming-of-age - during a diatribe against what he says are Western-imposed consumerist icons such as Barbie dolls."

Still, for once I agree with the sentiment although I suspect he needs to take a better look at what goes on closer to home (roadside and magazine ads, telly-novelas, 'normal TV' etc where the ample, scantily dressed Latin-lovely form is constantly displayed)...anyway, I digress: There is one sentence from the Reuters link that I'm not quite sure about: I'm not sure whether they are paraphrasing what Chavez said or adding a caveat just in case people get the wrong idea:

While breast implants are advertised on TV and banks offer special credit lines for such operations, if girls do get the enlargements they are not expected to become sexually active afterward.

Seems odd, anyway, they'd probably seen this image and thought girls should be aware of the dangers. I was going to put three pictures of the good, the bad, and the ugly (breast implants) but to be honest the images were sickening! (young girls take note!)

I know it's no joke but I'm afraid I can't help myself: see gratuitous boob photo by clicking HERE...Stop it! Now!!

13 comments:

Paul said...

Old women and boob jobs, what's that about? Face it ladies, once you get past 18 they've begun the long journey south. False boobs just stand there all the time, I mean who wants to sleep with somebody whose boobs cast Alpine like shadows on your wardrobe all night (well besides Span).

Crispin Heath said...

I totally agree Paul. Falsies are ridiculous. I can just see in 30 years time down on the beach all those women with pointy breasts who ran out of money to do the rest. It'll look absurd.

Linda Mason said...

As a woman I also agree. I just cannot see why women want to fill their bodies with foreign objects that serve no purpose whatsoever. I have yet to meet a man who thinks that breast implants are an attractive proposition.

BTW Paul, you're wrong about the age thing. Mine are still pretty firm despite their size and I'm 21 now!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more appealing or desirable than someone who is comfortable in their skin and body.

Anonymous said...

....au naturel ... says it all.

Name Witheld said...

Mags,

Didn't Ann Summers make a fortune out of women who want foreign objects inside them?

I'll get my coat!

Span Ows said...

hahaha...for Christ's sake...post about boobies and look what happens!

Paul..."alpine"...hmmmmm...actually, no, I take that back, I'm happy with a flat chest as long as, as missbonnie says, there is 'comfort and ease' with the way one is naturally.

Mags you are a tease!...how can I expect to get to sleep now!...and it certainly won't come (sleep that is) imagining, as Six suggests, lines of wrinkled pensioners with bulging, pert breasts...eughh!

Shytalk...I'm sure Ann Summers provided a necessary service...probably save duntold marriages too...or maybe sowed the seeds of their collapse! (no that's not a hint at personal experience although I am aware..Mags, that I owe you a story...)

Linda Mason said...

Me a tease? Nah!

Anonymous said...

Cosmetic surgery the biggest mystery to me. Having been fortunate to experience women from both ends of the spectrum I know that a woman is very rarely ever satisfied; except perhaps by me! Ha!

Life savers!

Elena Marinova survived a horrendous car accident in Bulgaria - A police expert explained: "[The implants] worked just like airbags - protecting the victim's ribs and vital organs from damage." He did, however, add: "They are not as safe as the real thing because they exploded, which airbags are not supposed to do."

Who'd be a Crash Test dummy tester?

Charity!

There are now websites that invite donations to help Woman who can not afford the surgery. Take a look at www.myfreeimplants.com
You can chat with them coerce them to provide before and after shots!

There final message is:

“We request that you be respectful of the ladies on this website. While you may request particular outfits for custom photos, the ultimate decision is up to the lady. We encourage you to both work together in a civil manner so that everyone is happy. Abuse of the system or harrassment of any member will not be tolerated.

The world turns!

Ps - Fiji RESULT!

Anonymous said...

I digress...Argentina v Scotland ... ?

Anonymous said...

Argentina and Scotland?

Two-Thirds of Argentinean beef are Scottish in origin! Span is that right?

Argentina’s name has its origins from Silver. Every cloud has the lining!

Who will shed a tear for Argentina? Modern Mission Impossible Job 5,19 Perhaps the back row is the answer?

Argentina may not suffer scotophobia either through the shade of blue or otherwise! They have not lost to Scotland since 1990!

Argentina has the most consecutive international wins (20) and the largest points scored (152) in a single game!

Still want a wager on the Brave Scottish?

Anonymous said...

Maybe as a Flower of Scotland it is time Tae Think Again!

Scotland are Homeward Bound!

Span Ows said...

Re beef - complete rubbish...not the beef that is, both Argentinian and Scottish beef is good...what you (they?) may mean is that 2/3rds of Argentinian beef comes from breeds that originated in Scotland (a couple of hundred years ago...or more)

..will post re rugby to avoid mixed comments! This is a tits thread...OK...yes, that's why I'm on it...

P.S. Scotland will lose...how they can hold their heads up after palying a second string against the AB's is beyond me...in SCOTLAND! Nice way to treat your fans, should ahve been the best 15 to really try and give the AB's a shock.