Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Odd occupation...

Can you look at the photo below and tell me what this lovely lady does for a living? She's strong, very strong, nobody sees her cry, not even her husband...her words: "Soy fuerte, muy fuerte, a mí no me ve llorar ni mi marido". You won't be able to tell me so I might as well tell you...


Sultry Soraya She's Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría, the spokewoman in the Spanish Congress for the Popular Party (Partido Popular), Spain's 'centre right wing'. Anyone got anyone in mind for David Cameron? Photo credit ELLE/ LVE (La Vanguardia)

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Paul said...

Actually Span you've picked one of her better pictures, most of them make her look like a cross between Hilary Clinton and Cruella De Ville. I bet one thing though, she's a catholic - now I know that might be from the bleeding obvious school because she's Spanish, but look at those lips. Anglo Saxon women have lost their lips due to taken the pill.

Phew - sexism, national stereotypes and religious bigotry in one post, I've never done that before.

Anonymous said...

I know re the picture...that's why I posted it. I think it's very good AND it's not the first time she's done a posed professional photo-shoot. I do realise that sometimes she isn't such a eye-catcher but these days who is?...even most of the gorgeous models look awful if they haven't had decent preparation.

I'm upset you didn't mention the aliteration...maybe if I'd been more carful and written Spanish spokewoman Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría...

Anonymous said...

P.S. "cross between Hilary Clinton and Cruella De Ville"...that's how she is!!! ;-)

...just imagining that combination dressed in S&M dominatrix outfit...

better sit down...