Saturday, March 28, 2009

Off or out (II)...

"THIS IS THE WORLD’S FIRST GLOBAL ELECTION, BETWEEN EARTH AND GLOBAL WARMING"

[object removed 11/09: link dead]
"On March 28 you can VOTE EARTH by switching off your lights for one hour. Or you can vote global warming by leaving your lights on. The results of the election are being presented at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009. We want one billion votes for Earth, to tell world leaders that we have to take action against global warming."

By complete coincidence I will be doing exactly the same as I did when I posted about Earth Hour last year. By the way, if it wasn't too hard why not do it every day!

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Paul said...

I'm sorry to be boring but my initial reaction was exactly the same as last year - why is it on television? There's something that appeals to my sense of ridiculous when you have video streaming of lights being turned out in some parts of some cities. Still each snowball begins with a single flake.

Span Ows said...

Not just that...I often think there is a sinister political movement (well there's loads of them really!) trying to get everyone onboard the "global warming" bandwagon...here's me a sceptic happy to go along with these little schemes...mmmmm

Unfortunately all the famous venues etc putting lights out just highlights the massive light pollution we live with (nearly all video and photo I've seen has bright shining lights standing out even more because some building/tower/bridge is in darkness!