Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Outstanding...


Lord Ashcroft: Why I have given £1 million to the Bomber Command Memorial. [CHComment]
"I have donated such a substantial amount of money because I want to help right a wrong. Rarely, if ever, can any group of servicemen have been more deserving of a memorial to their courage and self-sacrifice than Bomber Command.

The new monument in Green Park, central London, will be a fitting tribute to men who helped to shape the world we live in but whose bravery, until now, has not been properly recognised."
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Paul said...

"However, I am not a great believer in inherited wealth and so I decided some time ago that, after my death, I will leave more than 80 per cent of my assets to a charitable foundation in my name."

No, send a big cheque to HMRC you tight bugger.

P.S Thanks for the donation, Bomber Command have been seriously overlooked for years as the moral beard stroking over Dresden and Hamburg took the headlines. Anybody who wants to sit with his balls dangling 25,000 feet above Germany deserves a big thank you.

Span Ows said...

LOL! Agree with all except the "No"...he could send the big cheque AS WELL AS....