Friday, October 28, 2011

Overpopulation oddity...


World population is reaching 7 billion next month (I'd go for 11/11/11 just because it's a great date). What's your number? ask the BBC, but look at the graph - the same as most others - I've mentioned on more than one occasion about overpopulation and I've also asked why all the 'powers that be' show world population rise trend lessening: "- the number of years between billions has shrunk alarmingly: "two billion in 1927 (est), three billion in 1960, four billion in 1974, five billion in 1987, and six billion in 1999"...you see the very clear pattern." What is the reason they think 12 - 14 billion by 2050 (or higher really if the current trend continues) isn't more likely?

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

The Great Gildersleeve said...

Its all guesswork, there was a big feature on the radio I thinkl with the United Nations dept that has been banging on about this and I think even they had to admit its more a publicity stunt to make a point. Why? its probably all tied into the climate change scenario.

Span Ows said...

I didn't realise until today that they have actually 'named' the 7 billionth birth - what utter tosh.