Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Overwhelming optimism...


Happy New Year!
'The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.' 
'I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.' [LINK]
I really enjoyed James Delingpole's six point plan for 2019 at Breitbart London. He wasn't even too hard on the wankerati (that wonderful term he himself coined a few years back): from Truth (Trump) to Candour to Integrity to Optimism to Sexism.

I agree with every word and stand up and applaud some of it, tongue in cheek besides, what he writes is 100% true: "I’m not suggesting that the mighty, wise and funny God Emperor Trump is without flaws. (Though I can’t immediately think of any). What I am saying is that if any of his predecessors – Obama especially – had been held to the same standards by the media establishment, half of them would have been impeached and Obama would now be in Gitmo."

Anyway, in a few weeks it will be the Year of the Pig, so a third Winston Churchill quote:
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

No comments: