Sunday, April 30, 2006

Oro offers opportunity...

Gold, Au, Oro evokes the feeling of prestige; the meaning of gold is illumination, wisdom, and wealth. Gold often symbolizes high quality. Gold is on the up...well up...650USD an ounce. 650...coincidentally that's the same number as the recorded year that gold was first minted as a coin, short history here. The gold miners may not be too happy but the investors could be: "This year, the price of gold is up as much as 25 percent as investors diversify into precious metals. The incentives for investing in gold have included record oil prices, tension over Iran's nuclear program and concerns that global inflation could pick up pace." NEW YORK (Reuters) 29th April 2006.

So get out there and buy/trade some! It's a very handy global electronic currency - egold

The idea of prospectors seems centuries old but today there are still people out there doing it, and finding nuggets! Only last month for instance: [edit: link dead] gold nuggets were found by Rod Fitzhugh (ArizonaGoldProspectors.com) and Ted Scott (GoldPlacer.com) on March 26th 2006 in Arizona. Photo by Rod Fitzhugh.

I've done some panning in my time and been panned too! However I like to dig and there's always the chance you'll find some nuggets of your own; I found [edit: link dead] every one of them pure gold. Link in place of image found to be offensive to some readers... :-)

Daniela CicarelliAs an aside, and only slightly connected with these jewels, is that I went to a swimsuit show in the Marina Yacht Club in Callao (nr. Lima) yesterday, for Abtao Fashion; I had arrived on the plane to be greeted with TV and press crowding the airport exits...not for me...but for Daniela Cicarelli, a Brazilian beauty, model and Ronaldo's ex-girlfriend (I think it's ex), we had shared the front seats on the plane so I felt obliged to go and see her semi-naked...ahem. She has a lovely, natural beauty and a great sense of humour - here's a picture she let me take after the event: OK, as you may have guessed, that last bit's a complete lie: she said I shouldn't take it!!!
S.O.
1. Ows adds 01/05/06: As I commented to Mags, by pure (gold) coincidence, this week is the Seventh International Gold Symposium here in Lima. Today in El Comercio is a special supplement about it: Peru is the world's 5th principal gold producer, "Oro: brillos y sombras. Con motivo del Séptimo Simposium Internacional del Oro a realizarse esta semana en Lima, Día_1 [the supplement] ofrece un especial sobre el sector".
To make things even more weird, in the same section, there is also a comment re Gold's Gym (see comments) and Olenka, a Peruvian model, "¡Nadie como tú! Dime, por dónde es que van tus piecitos, cuál es el viento que sopla tu cabello, el cambista que le abre paso a tu sonrisa. Dime, Olenka, por qué eres así, por qué fuiste al Mr. Universo y no avisaste . Sí, sí, la rompieron los chicos del Gold's Gym, se sabe, pero nosotros queremos saber de ti, diosa eterna, Caballera de los Mares, Bruja de los Andes... ¡aaaaaaaaayy!"
2. Ows adds 01/05/06: Back to Gold: May 1 (Bloomberg) -- Prices of gold, which reached a 25- year high today, may surpass $700 an ounce by the end of the year as investors seek alternative investments and supply can't match demand, said Australian miner Bendigo Mining Ltd.

33 comments:

Linda Mason said...

Span, the picture of the four 'ladies' is gratuitous perving at the very least. They have nothing whatsoever to do with gold!

Span Ows said...

Hehehe...well of course it is Mags...in fact when I'd finished the post I thought about the 'connection'...just in my mind (doh!)...BUT...golden sand in the background, golden hair of the first girl, golden highlights in the hair of the 3rd and 4th..errr...err...the sea too: sea water contains 10 parts per million of gold..my God...this photo is PURE gold!!!! Mags how can you say I'm a perve!










(whispers aside...did I get away with it?)

Linda Mason said...

Something to with the way they move, maybe?

Perv.

Span Ows said...

Oh go on Mags, gi'me a kiss!

They move very nicely don't they? Although I'm sure it would hurt after a while. They need sports bras...well they look fit and there's always Gold's Gym! Hey!!!....



OK, I'm a perv!...:-)

Linda Mason said...

Span, I don't kiss perv's because they might get the wrong idea.

All that movement is so unnatural. Is that what you like.....false boobs? If so, then you and I can never get it it together as mine are all my own!

Perv and double perv!

Span Ows said...

oooohh! Personal details! I didn't make them all wobbly like that...maybe that's what happens when I jog down the beach!...:-)

Now, about gold, I'm going to add an addition to the post because something very coincidental has happened...this week here in Lima is an international gold symposium! (Peru are world's 5th largest gold producer/ exporter)...spooky...there's a comment re Gold's Gym in today's 'El Comercio' as well...spooky!

Span Ows said...

P.S. Double perv? Does that make me a nice pair?

Lucy said...

I'm afraid Mags and I are of one mind on this Span. 'O' dear?
Gold? Im more a platinum girl...
Just to get my own back..,
http://www.gorgeousboys.com/wallpaper/wallpaper10800x600.jpg

Linda Mason said...

Lucy, I reckon his underpants are too big for that poor boy. I'd like to buy him some that fit!

Lucy said...

Mags, there were some where he was pantyless but i decided not to go to far down the smut route.

Span Ows said...

Smut! Anyway Platinum can be traded too, I actually prefer silver if we're still talking about metals!

Anyway the link is split Lucy...not that I think I want to see it anyway...;-)

Lucy said...

Link was fine Span, you have to maximise to get it all....

Linda Mason said...

Lucy, I think the reason Span doesn't want to look is because he has trouble maximising to the same extent!!!

Span Ows said...

you have to maximise¨to get it all?!!! o..o..o..now I can't wait to see it!...Lucy, how embarrassing, I didn't know you could maximise the comments!

Mags, if you only knew!
....hehehehe...I may hide the boobies and just put a link, that way I won't offend anyone else......

Span Ows said...

...Blimey! Just noticed the times on the comments...Mags...you're here NOW!

Span Ows said...

Lovely wobblies now hidden and can be seen via link...

I've now seen sexy god looking boy in undies...I can't even say I've ever been that slim!...he's cute though eh?

Span Ows said...

P.S. You obviously missed the "just for girlie" undie-filling eye-candy I posted here in November:

http://owsblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/orangesthe-bottom-of-barrel.html

Linda Mason said...

Oh put the damn wobbles back Span. I can't moan if there is no gratuitous smut. I expect better of you Span.

Span Ows said...

Oh please don't say that...I imagine you as a dominatrix (possibly with whip in hand) standing over my bare...yes, well...the smut is there via the link Mags, I thought it was a bit much to have in full view - I respect Lucy's and your feelings...plus I'm a gentleman, and don't wish to cause offence, and suspect youngsters may read this blog (although my Chilean girls seem to have disappeared) and always do as the fairer sex tell me... :-)

Linda Mason said...

Oh dear Span! I've just picked myself up off the floor after falling there laughing. Moi, a dominatrix????? Couldn't be further from the truth. There you go, all your perverted, smutty, dark , nasty, dreams, blown apart!!!

Span Ows said...

Nasty?...oh dear...woe is me, I'm cut to the quick...I can't ever remember anyone calling me nasty...lots of things besides but never 'nasty'...

sniff, sulk...

BTW, which part did you mean when you wrote blown a part? :-O

Linda Mason said...

A sensitive soul are you not, Span? Crikey, I shall have to watch what I'm saying ;-) Anyway it was dreams I was calling nasty, not you, so get over yourself boy!

Span Ows said...

...but why are my dreams nasty?...sniff...

:-(

Gavin Corder said...

Oh you've removed the wobbling breasts...:-(

They thought I was you yesterday on the MB due to my breast red herring election threads....

Lucy said...

I did think that Gavin, Oh no I've gone all suspicious now.
And There was me thinking you were some one I need not be wary of...

Span Ows said...

They're visible via the link Gavin, I 'hid' them because it seemed not to be to Lucy and Mag's taste and I thought others could be the same...as it's the 'front page' who knows who looks in.

I shall look up the breast thread - something of interest!

Span Ows said...

oh, and BTW..of course it's a spoof...is Lucy on about that or the breasts and the fear of us being the same person?

Gavin Corder said...

Lucy, the breasts were a red herring, I suppose, and everything Span posts is a bit random... And pervy. So I suppose anyone could have made that mistake. Except that I am always Gav on the boards and Span's always Span...aren't you? And my breast post wasn't a bit pervy. Just anthropological...in the interests of science...

Span Ows said...

I had presumed, after seeing the comments, that the Mods were having an 'anti breast' moment.

Crispin Heath said...

Span I think you've put a curse on the gold price, as it's tunbling along with the world markets. By the looks of things your over-confidence appears to have popped the bubble. You may have unwittingly been the cause of global recession. Cheers.

Span Ows said...

Gold slid to $685.00 and closed at 690 an ounce, down from $715!!!....when I posted it was US650!!!!

Come on...

Lucy said...

I quite like the pic of Daniella btw, its arty ;)

Span Ows said...

I'm glad you like it Lucy - I'm very arty but I hope you realise I didn't really atke the picture although she was on the plane and seems lovely...I can daydream the beach meeting (although she was there and in bikinis! This photo is from some other 'meet').