Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oscar's omens...

Cute and spooky at the same time; and surely it can't be coincidence. Click on image for the full story of Oscar the cat at an old-people's home that is successfully predicting who is going to die! I can imagine the more nervous patients live in constant anxiety and hoping that Oscar doesn't show up on the bed one morning when they wake up!

Oscar the cat

"Oscar has a habit of curling up next to patients at the home in Providence, Rhode Island, in their final hours. According to the author of a study in the New England Journal of Medicine, the two-year-old cat has been observed to be correct in 25 cases so far. Staff now alert the families of residents when he sits down next to their ailing loved one. "

7 comments:

Gavin Corder said...

There is also the possibility that it's the cat wot's hastening them into the grave....

Span Ows said...

Hi Gavin, I voted for 'predctacat on your MB because I've always thought then 'sinister' in their own superior way...very astute...

However the idea of him sleeping on their heads and snuffing them (purely by accident you understand....oooer) did occur to me but I think there would be too much forensic 'cat-hair' evidence.

Gavin Corder said...

I think these things. That's why I am evil and you are a pussycat...

No a NICE kind of pussy cat

Oh you know what I mean!

Paul said...

Like the new header Span - reminds me of the jelly underwear that was popular in the 80's - don't know why.

Span Ows said...

Gavin, you're not evil! you don't know how!! ;-)

Thanks Paul..I like it too :-)

...not sure about the jelly underwear though although i can imagine some cases where it would be delicious...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gavin Corder said...

Jelly underwear has somehow slipped under my radar completely - Paul Span - enlighten me!

Span Ows said...

I don't know Gavin...that's why i wrote that I'm not sure...just imagined eating (off) a few pairs...hmmmm