Saturday, August 05, 2006

One-on-one...onanism.

DIY (ahem)...one on one because "there can be no touching of other participants nor are people allowed to fake orgasms." Ahem. Well in this Owsblog post last year I explained the 'true' Biblical meaning of Onanisn, or "Onan's Sin", but these days it's just about pleasuring yourself.
Photograph: copyright CSC 2000

LONDON (Reuters) - Hundreds of Britons are being urged to attend what is being branded as Europe's first "Masturbate-a-thon", a leading reproductive healthcare charity said on Friday.

"We want to get people talking about safer sex, masturbation and to lift taboos."

From the Guardian "More tossers on TV" (giggle) "Prizes will be on offer for those who clock up the most orgasms and those who can masturbate the longest - the current record, according to the organisers, is a chafing eight-and-a-half hours.

To qualify for the record, the organisers say "at least 55 minutes of every hour shall be spent self-pleasuring by manual or sex toy stimulation" with participants getting just five minutes to "replenish and renew".

Two other programmes will also air as part of the week, which has been commissioned by the Channel 4 factual entertainment commissioning editor, Andrew MacKenzie.
"Following on from the success of 'Penis week' (you couldn't make it up!)


Will any of you London dwellers be paying a visit - or participating? I'd like to come over myself but not sure I could keep it up for long and there's sure to be some right wankers there.

That was the full post! I couldn't resist!

Edit, 14:46 (in Spain) 5th August 2006: Actually not quite the full post: I have just edited the picture-link to go to the UK and not the US site.



S.O.

11 comments:

Lucy said...

Very good Span, I did wonder what you could add after you splendidly dry last line.
I feel sory for the men, they do not get the choice of a single sex room as the women do...
I shant be there - I can't find my French Connection UK T shirt.

Anonymous said...

Gildy mentioned this a few weeks ago. Personally, I'd turn the fire hose on then !

Span Ows said...

Thanks Lucy...I'm sure I could have gone on a lot more...with the post.

curmy...you must have posted this just as I arrived - yes, we came together. (I agree with you! What a stupid excuse for exhibitionism, I know of NO man that hasn't been a wanker at some stage of his life!...sorry, not qualified to speak for the ladies).

The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hmmm, Come Together as The Beatles sang ;-)

Was that banned originally?

Considering what has been in the past, it wouldn't surprise me...

As Europe is supposed to be more liberal than the Brits, I wonder why the event was not held on mainland Europe?

Or was that the idea?

Yes, you found the original content and links to the story(and why not)

Yes, with your help the link thing is sorted on my blog too. Made sense too...well, how to do it, I'm not saying I understand the language as such.

Linda Mason said...

After breathing, eating, defeacating and urinating, having a wank is the most natural thing in the world. So why do so many people have a hang up about admitting to do it, especially women?

The organisers of this event have already achieved their aims: people are talking about it. OK, it may be in a nudge, nudge, wink, wink sort of way but at least it is being talked about. This is good. Masturbation does not make you go blind, etc etc but is a good way of encouraging endorphins to pass around your body and make you feel a little happier. If people wanked a little more then possibly some depression could be allieved!

And anyone who denies that they wank, is a liar!!!

The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'd like to see this get discussed on the station board ;-)

How many would end up in pre mod?

Span Ows said...

ah Mags, a breath of fresh air - and of course you are right; I have taunted my fellow man for decades with my totally unselfconcious 'admital'
...what is it that makes people deny the obvious...as I said before No...repeat NO NO NO man can deny that, at some stage or another, he has self-pleausred...for want of a better term...

Endorphins...ahhh...the amazing thing is that the body creates these CHEMICALS...the word endorphin is short for "endogenous morphine," referring to self-made chemicals (endogenous) that have morphine-like effects...it's an opioid...or to be exact an opioid neuropeptide...

"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant...then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become a paradise."...
Aldous Huxley, from "Wanted, a New Pleasure,"...1931!!

Span Ows said...

Gildy! What are you doing here at this time...we came together!...of course in a purely macho, male friend, buddy kind of way...:-)

p.S. I'll raise it on the station board if anyone can confirm that it has been reported on R5L...otherwise it'll get deleted asap!

Anonymous said...

Fair enough Mags, but only an exhibitionist would do it in public

BTW Span, I hope you don't mind me asking, but do your children live in Spain ?

Span Ows said...

Hi curmy, no I don't mind you asking at all. They live in the UK (Somerset) with their mother, she's Venezuelan but has residency to stay, had this not been the case I wouldn't have moved abroad. We want them all to complete their education in England (oldest now just finished GCSE's - results out on my birthday :-) - youngest has just finished first year at CoE primary)

Anonymous said...

Span, good luck with the GCSE results.
I'm sure they'll all grow up to be pillars of society like their Father(laugh)